Business Tax (Occupational Licenses)
Any person wishing to engage in or manage any business, profession, or occupation with the City of Miramar, including a home-based business, is required by ordinance to acquire a City Business Tax Receipt.
- All Business Tax Receipts should be renewed on or before September 30th to avoid any additional fees.
- Per Florida Statute 205, the name Occupational License has been changed to Business Tax Receipt.
All commercial businesses must be inspected to confirm that they meet zoning, structural, electrical, plumbing, mechanical and fire codes.
The business is responsible for making sure that these inspections are completed. Also, all new signs, exterior painting or any other exterior modifications that may be planned in conjunction with your business is required to receive approval of the city's Community Appearance Board for compliance with the city's Community Design Plan as adopted by Ordinance No. 98-25.
This approval process is in addition to building permit requirements.
- ALFs Group Homes and Adult Day Care Business Tax Receipt Commercial Application (PDF)
- Business Tax (Child Care Commercial) (PDF)
- Business Tax (Child Care Home) (PDF)
- Business Tax (Cottage Foods) (PDF)
- Business Tax Receipt Application for Apartment Owners (PDF)
- Business Tax Receipt Commercial Application (PDF)
- Business Tax Receipt Commercial Transfer Application (PDF)
- Business Tax Receipt Home Application (PDF)
- Cancellation of Business Tax Receipt (PDF)
- Doctors Business Tax Receipt Commercial Application (PDF)
- Lien Inquiry Request Form (PDF)