The Office of Grants Management (OGM) was established in July 2009 and was tasked with the design and implementation of internal controls and guidelines for the City-wide Grants Program.
The purpose of the City-wide Grants Program is to develop, implement and maintain a system for grant oversight and coordination and to limit the City’s exposure to liability and loss of funding through the establishment of clearly defined internal controls and guidelines for the application, acceptance, and financial administration of all grants.
To effectively manage the City’s grant related resources with diligence, transparency and integrity; and to provide complete and accurate disclosure of each program and its financial results.
At the end of the 2022 fiscal year, the City's grant portfolio included 73 grant and revolving loan programs with a total value of $100 M. At year-end, multi-year grants had a balance of $29M available.
Grants Master List as of 12.31.22
In the fiscal year 2022, the City of Miramar was awarded $7M in new funding agreements to assist with cultural and art programming; help victims of crimes; provide senior services and after-school child care; support construction projects such as the creation of new bike lanes and Pembroke Road Expansion; fund the purchase of technical rescue team vehicle and equipment for the Fire Department; drainage improvements of Miramar Historic Area, and hazard mitigation program to purchase stand by generators and add wind mitigation products to different city facilities.
Grants Master List as of 09.30.22
Grants Master List as of 06.30.22
The Office of Grants Management supports City departments in their grant seeking and grant management efforts through the following:
The City of Miramar subscribes to eCivis, a searchable grants database. Access to eCivis is available to City Department Grant Liaisons. eCivis resources include:
- Federal, state and foundation grant opportunities
- Search by category, keyword, agency, funder type, geographic area, etc
- Downloadable grant application forms, guides and instructions including samples of previously awarded grant proposals
- Short online courses on grant writing and many other areas of grants management including accounting, compliance, reporting, audits, etc.
Research and ReferralsThe Office of Grants Management utilizes eCivis to identify funding opportunities which align to the City’s legislative priorities. Grant opportunities are referred to Departments as often as identified.
Grant Writing ServicesThis initiative seeks to support Departmental efforts to increase grant revenue and fund additional City services and projects.
TrainingTraining is provided to grant related staff throughout the year and in various formats including workshops, webinars and one-to-one instruction.
The City also partners with Grants Writing USA to host professional grant training. Benefits are twofold;
1) Promote the City’s beautiful venues as convenient training locations that are easily accessible from Broward and Dade Counties.
2) Provide City staff with free professional development opportunities to better manage grant resources and pursue new grant opportunities.
Click http://grantwritingusa.com/ to view upcoming Grants Writing USA grant training opportunities.
Accounting & CompliancePer state statutes and federal regulations, the City is audited annually to ensure compliance with grant program guidelines. The Office of Grants M is tasked with financial oversight of grants citywide to ensure 100% compliance and continued grantor support.
LINKS TO RELEVANT REGULATION
- State Statute 215.97 Florida Single Audit Act https://apps.fldfs.com/fsaa/statutes.aspx
- Catalog of State Financial Assistance https://apps.fldfs.com/fsaa/catalog.aspx
- Office of Management and Budget Uniform Administrative Requirements, Cost Principles, and Audit Requirements for Federal Awards (Uniform Grant Guidance of 2014 – CRF Title 2, Part 200) http://www.ecfr.gov/cgi-bin/text-idx?tpl=/ecfrbrowse/Title02/2cfr200_main_02.tpl
- Catalog of Federal Domestic Assistance https://www.cfda.gov/
CITY DATA & RESOURCES
- Comprehensive Annual Financial Report Including Single Audit Report
- Annual Budget - https://www.miramarfl.gov/Archive.aspx?AMID=40
- Adopted Capital Improvement Program