The City of Miramar’s Compensation and Classification Division is responsible for classifying positions and managing the City’s Municipal Code provided compensation. In addition, the Classification and Compensation Division directs the following activities:
- Civil Service System through the management of classification actions and appeals;
- Labor Negotiations through the performance of salary surveys, costing and contract administration;
- Payroll through the establishment and maintenance of rates of pay, premiums and lump sum payments;
- Maintains all job classifications and position control;
- Creates and Analyzes human resources information system reports;
- Review, write and approve job descriptions; and
- Job audits and organizational reviews to determine appropriate classifications for position titles and compensation.