Curbside Bulk collection is provided once per month, between 7 am and 7 pm.
Residents, please note that your bulk trash pickup schedule occurs during the fourth (4th) week of the month (e.g., the fourth Monday). This is not always the last week of the month because some months have more than four (4) weeks.
Please click Bulk-Collection for information on Bulk Collection rules, guidelines, and collection maps: https://www.miramarfl.gov/400/Garbage-Collection
To avoid interruptions with your curbside bulk collection service, the following rules apply:
- Bulk trash will be picked up 12 times per year, once per month, on your scheduled collection day. Residents who have a bulk trash pick-up schedule on the fourth (4th) week of the month, please note that this may not necessarily be the last week of the month since some months may contain five (5) weeks. Please check your calendar to ensure the correct pick-up date.
- Bulk items include household goods such as couches, chairs, mattresses, tables, appliances (white goods—certified refrigerant and freon-free), carpets, and padding. It also includes unbundled yard waste such as tree trimmings, branches and palm fronds, lumber, fencing, and metal poles no longer than six feet in length (large tree trunks must be cut into half or quarter pieces depending on size, not to exceed forty (50) pounds, 12 inches in diameter).
- Place all items for collection within five (5) feet of the street by 7 a.m. on the scheduled pick-up day to ensure pick-up.
- Bulk items must be placed curbside in a neat and orderly manner.
- Do not place bulk items for collection within three (3) feet of a mailbox, utility pole, vehicle, tree, or other damageable property.
- Bulk waste must be generated by the resident where the bulk is collected. Bulk waste will not be collected if it is generated by anyone other than the resident of the home. Contractor-Generated waste will not be collected.
Unacceptable Bulk Items include:
- Roofing material, tile, concrete, bricks, stones, automotive body parts, engines, transmissions, batteries, used oil, paint, tires, glass panels, furniture with mirrors, shower doors, insecticides, chemicals, and hazardous waste electronic (TVs/Monitors) will not be collected.
- Do not place items in front of a vacant lot or home; they will not be collected. This is considered illegal dumping and is subject to prosecution.
- Remodeling your home or performing a cleanup: Waste Pro offers a special curbside collection of 10, 20, 30, or 40-yard containers. Call (954) 967-4200 for a cost estimate.
- If you experience a “missed pick-up” on your collection day or have any questions, please call Waste Pro at - (954) 967-4200 or call 954-602-HELP (4357).
- For disposal of household appliances containing Freon gas or other types of Refrigerant (A/C, refrigerators), the compressor unit must be purged of Freon gas by a certified professional. The release of Freon Gas presents an environmental hazard to the atmosphere. Units not certified and documented with a placard on the item as being purged of Freon gas will not be picked up.
- Residents who missed their allocated bulk pick-up date or need to schedule a special pickup may do so by contacting Waste Pro at 954-967-4200. Please be advised that a charge will apply