Create an Account - Increase your productivity, customize your experience, and engage in information you care about.
Posted to City of Miramar Blog by Regina Roberts
Free & Inexpensive things to do in Miramar, FlORIDA
By Natasha N. Babulal, PR & Media Manager
1. Dance your stress away with a free Zumba class on the plaza at City Hall- join the exuberant group Thursdays from 6:00pm- 7:00pm.
2. Unwind with a free Yoga class every last Monday of the month at the Miramar Library from 5:30pm- 6:30pm. Don’t forget your yoga mat!
3. Stroll through the Ansin Art Gallery at the Miramar Cultural Center and check out the latest collection on display. https://miramarculturalcenter.org/567/Ansin-Family-Art-Gallery
4. Pack an old-fashioned picnic basket and a blanket and head to one of over 40 parks in the city. https://miramarparks.org/772/Parks-Facilities
5. Enjoy pool day with the kids at the East or West Aquatic Complex. The waterpark playgrounds will keep them entertained for hours while you relax. https://miramarparks.org/836/Swimming-Facilities
6. Attend one of the many free events put on by the City and elected officials. Check out the event calendar here: https://miramarfl.gov/#tabf3cc0b39-a5f5-4029-87f3-02a592fb38a9_0
7. Take a free conversation Spanish class (El Club Spanish) at the Miramar Library held weekly on Mondays from 6:00pm-7:30pm. https://www.broward.org/library/Pages/BranchDetails.aspx?branchInfo=24
8. Get out in nature and visit Snake Warrior Island. This 53-acre natural area is great for nature shots, bird watching or just to talk a walk. https://www.broward.org/Parks/Pages/Park.aspx?=34
9. Visit the Miramar Community Garden, located in Historic Miramar! The 7,400 sq. ft. garden is an award-winning “micro urban farm” where you can learn about growing fresh organic produce & healthy living! https://www.miramarfl.gov/501/Community-Garden
10. Grab a cup of coffee at Miramar Town Center, sit under the beautiful palm trees, enjoy our glorious weather and just people watch! You’re welcome.
Posted to Financial Blog from Your Chief Financial Officer (CFO) by Regina Roberts
7 RULES TO TAKE CHARGE OF YOUR MONEY
by susan gooding-liburd, cfo
As we close one year and start another, I can’t help but reflect that this is the beginning of a new decade. I am a year older and smarter than I was a year ago. I am looking forward to 2020 with anticipation, enthusiasm and excitement for what I will accomplish, not what I hope to accomplish. I am giving thanks in advance because I know that everything that I plan will manifest for me in 2020 and into the next decade. I would therefore like to share with you some of my MUST DO’s for 2020. No more procrastinating, forget the past and set a positive course for the new decade.
As we approach 2020, FOCUS ON THESE FINANCIAL RULES:
Set aside the first hour of your earnings from your job each day for your family, you deserve it, they deserve it (in other words, pay yourself first).
2. Become the master of your money:
Tell your money what to do, don’t let your money control you. If your money is controlling you, reverse that role for the new year and don’t give it up (money should be your servant).
It’s time to invest.
Susan A. Gooding-Liburd,
Chief Financial Officer
Posted to MCC by Alexis Fox